Westmoreland, Gowland Make It Three In BSB For WFR


The WFR triumvirate at the workshop late last week
The WFR triumvirate at the workshop late last week

WFR Honda's two existing riders James Westmoreland and Graeme Gowland will continue with the squad in 2012 for their three-pronged attack on British Superbikes in 2012 alongside shock signing Alex Lowes.

Gowland started this season with the team and Westmoreland was drafted in when Lowes originally left under a cloud in the middle of the year. Gowland ended runner-up in the Evo championship while Westmoreland began developing the 2012 bike.

“In the three rounds that I did with the team last year I felt really comfortable with the team and people I was working with so I’m glad the job I did then has helped us move into the new year and that I am going to be a part of that," said Westy.

“It’s important to have a good teammate to test yourself against and I’ve got two in Graeme and Alex so hopefully we can all push each other along. Obviously everyone is on a level playing field next year so we have as good a chance as anyone else to win the championship and that’s the aim.”

Gowland added: "Obviously it’s really good to be back with the team that I was so successful with last year. We have already done some testing out in Spain with the new spec engine and some new parts which went really well. I was setting some good times so hopefully I can pick up right where I left off last year and win some races in British Superbikes.”


wfrtrio

0 comments: